Thursday, January 18, 2007

Concerned

So, I've been looking at the facebooks of some people who went away for college and talked to some others, and some seem to be either insanely homesick or came bck because of insane homesickness. Now i'm wondering if I'm going to experience that once I leave. Or will that not necessarily be as much of a problem for me because of my already somewhat living away from my home and being accostomed to moving around. The only thing that would be a problem for me is how much I would miss Greg. He will either still be at NMC or at Michigan Tech. I really hope he goes to Tech...no offense to him or his parents, but I think it might do him some good to be away from his parents. I love his parents to death ut they definitely lean on the overbearing side and I don't know..I think he'd like the space. Who knows. I think I have an obsessive personality...or at least when it comes to music..I've discovered this i high school when I taught myself how to paly the piano just so I could obsessively practice my music. I almost aslways knew my music before everyone else in choir...yay. And now, I've had to find other ways of practising considering that I don't have a piano anymore. Mr. Puchala made the mistake of making a cd of our lastest piece "the Gospel Mass" by Robert Ray. Needless to say I've been obsessively listening to it since I've received it. Now if only I could be this obsessive about school. I need to get a minimum of a 3.7 GPA in order to get an accumulative GPA of at least 3.5. I'm mad. I thought I got a 3.5 last semester, but apparently thy calculate GPA's a little differently than i thought and I actually got a 3.46. In normal situations, I would be happy with tthat, but I need a 3.5 to get a decent transfer scholership and to get into Phi Theta Kappa (which would have also gotten me another decent transfer scholership). Grr...chem is harder that I thought it would be...alot of my classmates are taking Physics and calculus, and her I am just in Mth 111. Mth 111 is really easy, so i should be able to get a four point in that, so my GPA rests on getting a 3.5 at least in chem. grrrr.

No comments: