Saturday, January 27, 2007

WHEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happiness. I just got my acceptance letter in the mail yesterday for Northern Michigan University. I am so happy about that. I mean, I've been wanting to go to that school since I was in the 10th grade and just considering going into nursin. Speaking of nursing, NMU has one of the best nursing school sin the US. So, I'm really going to have to work if I want to get into that program. As Geoff so kindly told me, I'm going to be a yooper. For those of you not from MI, a yooper is someone who lives in or is from the Upper Peninsula, or the UP. I'm really excited, but also a bit apprehensive. For one thing, next year, Greg and I won't be going to the same school. Hopefully he will go to Michigan Tech (which is an hour and a half from NMU), but he may end up staying here. Greg and I have never been apart for very long, so I don't know how that's going to be. From what I've seen from other couples, distance is certainly no walk in the park. I just hope that the bond we have now will be strong enough tohelp us get through the difficult times. I have very little qualms now admitting that I hope that we will someday marry. But, I'm certainly not a psychic, so I don't know if that'll happen. the other thin I'm apprehensive about is homesickness. now, i've never been prone to that: divorce, moving around, and now not even living with my family has taken care of that. however, next year, I will be going somewhere where I will hardly know anyone. Can I handle that? I think so, but there are so many people that I know that have gone away for college, but havve needed to come back. Katie, Stephanie Oliver, Ashley Pearce--just to name a few. Time will tell. Meanwhile, in other news, I've caught a cold. Again. You know, I've gotten more colds this season than I ever have before. i'm not typically prone to colds...this is annoying.

No comments: